Saturday, January 9, 2010

What have I been up to in the Spinning World!



This is the party roving at the Spinnery - I picked the brown tones and it is turning out beautiful.  Really a treat to spin but is not as smooth as the silk/merino blend - but it is a novelty.  There is glitter and a blend of all kinds of roving.  Really pretty - not sure what to make with it though.  But the fun is spinning it!!!  Then I will decide what to do with it  or I am sure Angie will!





I love this merino/silk blend that came from the Spinnery in Gatlinburg!  It spindle spins like a dream!  Angie had bought it and I spun it for her.  Can't wait to see what she creates with it.

My husband made me a cd spindle when I first got interested in spinning.  Nancy at the Spinnery showed us a book that had the instructions to make it.  I finally decided to paint it - as you can see I did not put much thought into what to paint on it but mainly wanted to see how well it would last.  Works Great!!!  Plan to make another one and do some fancy painting on it!

If you have not been to the Spinnery in Gatlinburg - and you love yarn - you are missing a real treat!!!!!  Weaving, spinning, knitting, and/or crocheting - you will be in a yarn paradise!  Nancy is so helpful!!!

No comments: