(1)First I cut the sleeves out and took the side seams apart and part of the hem at the sides (I did not even notice that it was a small so I had to make a few changes there).
(3) I drew a templete by laying the top of the scrub on the paper and made the curve of the outside; then laid the templete paper over the facing and marked the width of it. I wanted the lime green fabric to show at the top like a lapel.
(4) Turned under 1/4" on the curved edge of the green facing and pressed; serged the bottom.
(6) I cut 3" strips from the lime green and attached one to each side of the scrub; leaving enough at the bottom to turn under for a matching hem. Pressed under hem and stitched.
(8) Cut 2 pieces 3 x 11. Turned under 1/4" on each side and pressed; folded it in half and pressed again. Next I stitch closed to the edge on all sides. Put a buttonhole on one end of each strip.
(10) I had to decide where I wanted the tabs to be attached with a button on the front. Once it was in place, I used a chalk pencil and marked the button placement and sewed on the button. The tabs were placed above the waistline because of the pockets - but it just made it look like it had an empire waistline.
I pressed it and then wore it!!!