Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dolls! Dolls!

I Love Making Dolls!!!

I have always love making dolls! I have worked the past couple days on my Long-Legged Angels. It is like bringing them to life as I put the details on them toward the end. I almost hate having to put a needle in them - afraid I am going to hurt them!

These angels are about 26 to 28 inches tall and have wings made of an old quilt that I have saved from being destoryed. I love thinking about how someone many years ago lovingly made a quilt from old clothes, saving the memories of the loved ones that wore them. So many quilts are loved to bare thread and someone will discard it in a yard sale or so - at least part will be remember for a long time.
The legs of the angels are long and slender and are able to bend at the knees so they can cross their legs and their arms are usually up with their hands praying. I have cute osanburg bloomers on them - I just can't make a doll without bloomers!

2 comments:

Angelia said...

These are beautiful!! as always!

Rachel said...

Adorable! I love the quilt recycling!