Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Weaving Toy from a Friend!!!

My good friend, Brenda, gave me this wonderful, old table loom.  It was given to her by a friend years ago and had been in her basement.  She is not interested in starting another hobby, already a expert quilter, knitter, crocheter.  So I have a new toy to get up and working!!!!  Thanks Brenda for thinking about me!!!  I will definitely restore this beauty.
I wish I knew who made it, but I have not found any markings on it.  I removed the old warp that was on it.  Cleaned & dusted it - it is beautiful!!  It has string heddles and they look pretty old, so I have contacted Nancy at the Spinnery and she is going to help me replace them if possible with the new texisol heddles.  When I get it all warped up - will post new pictures!!!


No comments: