Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Fabrics & more!

I have done alot of trying to catch up tonight!!!  So be sure to check the next 4 or 5 posts for what is going on in the shop!

More new fabric - not sure if I have posted any of it or not but it is so pretty!

 South Seas Christmas Cardinals

 Timeless Treasures Lemon Grove

 These three bolts are current fabrics!  I love sheep fabrics.  If you have a knitting friend - any of these 3 would make a great knitting bag for them.
Pattens for any project and dies for the GO! 

The following quilts got started because of a challange that was given to the Heritage Quilt Guild in Athens.  I was kinda challanged to do it with the Tucan fabric.  The black plaid was the challange fabric from the guild.  After the quilt was made, I fussy cut the flowers & birds, fusing them to quilt.  So much fun!!
The second quilt was my challange to me.  I use some of the Shaving Cream dyed fabric and while planning it someone said too bad you can't use flannel with the regular cotton in it - "Why can't I" was my reply.  The big floral is flannel, the rest of the fabrics are regular cotton.  The multi-colored in the block & the strips in the border are the shaving cream fabric.

 
The little butterfly in the corner was shaving cream fabric (which I thought was ugly when I dyed it).  I fused the fabric; cut 2 butterflies with the GO; twisted two thin wires together and placed in the middle with a wire in each section of the wing, fused the two pieces of fabric together, satin stitched the edges, then stitched it in place using an old piece of jewelry for the middle.  Then I could adjust the wings 3D.

Fun! Fun! Fun!  We all need to play now and again!

No comments: