Friday, October 2, 2009

Geneology search!!!

Thru some geneology searches I found pictures of my great-great grandfather & grandmother. I had never saw a picture of them and did not know too much about them. My grandfather talked some but I guess I just don't remember too much. Problem when you are young - you think they will always be here to talk to.

My ggreat grandparents were William Jefferson Tallent and Lucinda (Lucy) Veal Tallent. My grandfather, William Leo (dark t-shirt) and his younger brother Woodrow Wilson Tallent are in other picture.

William Jefferson's family came from England & Ireland. Lucinda's gggrandparents were William Wedgbar Underwood (England) & Anna the Cherokee (North Carolina). I am at a stand-still now, can't find anyting else out. Maybe someday.


Also, found some pictures of my grandmother's grandfather. That was an interesting family!!! Just have not got them downloaded yet.

6 comments:

Ghost of Hangman's Bridge said...

I am related to Wedgbar/Wedgebar (spelled both ways) in Revolutionary War Service Records. His wife's name was Margret Wilson. My mom's maiden name is Underwood: Her father is Oscar... I can send you more info... and some photos of Oscar.

Ursula

This Crazy Little Nest said...

I am also of a descendant of William Underwood. In case you're interested there is an Underwood Family Reunion coming up. It's for the descendants of Jesse Underwood but I can get you the details if you'd like.

Nashville savings said...

Could you get in touch with me.I am related also to him alicejean001@gmail.com

Nashville savings said...

THIS IS HIM!!! findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi/pages.suddenlink.net/http//fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=27248741

Nashville savings said...

Goes by William billy wedgebar. All links to realities open with info.

Nashville savings said...

Goes by William billy wedgebar. All links to realities open with info.