Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I can't believe I am blogging!

My daughter has encouraged me to do this - so here I go!

I'VE GONE PURSE CRAZY!!

I have been making some tote bags lately and having fun doing it. I quilted the fabric then cut it out. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but really just designed it as I went. I really loved the fabric!

I used a tote bag pattern from Kentucky Quilt Company then added pockets to the outside and inside pockets the way I wanted.






Recycle Felted Sweater Purse

I bought a wool sweater at a consignment shop. Washed & dryed it so it felt. Last night I could not sleep so I worked on a purse with the sweater. It was calling me!




I did not know what I was going to do. I wish I had taken before pictures because I almost gave up. No pattern to go by - I just had to wing it. This is what I came up with. The inside is lined with a dark blue fabric, including one pocket. I think it will be perfect with jeans!

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I MADE IT OUT OF CARPET!!

Last year I learnt how to rug hook using a locker hook needle and canvas and I love it. I am on my third rug. It is a great way to use up scrap fabric strips! I have to make a picture of the ones I have done and post them later.
I decided "Why not make a purse?"- so using yarn, canvas and locker hook needle I made this purse.




The pattern was my MGI Textiles but it did not have a pattern or picture of a lining. I put a stripe cotton lining with pockets including a zipper pocket.




FINALLY FINISHED PIECING MY CHRISTMAS QUILT TOP!!!

I started this top in 2000 when I owned the quilt shop. It was a block of the month that I was doing with my customers. I put it aside when I sold the shop. Last year I decided that I could not make another quilt top until I tried to at least finish a few of my quilt projects that I had going. I finally finished 4 tops - here is one:
I-SPY Quilt

My husband's aunt, Mildred, gave me this quilt. It is called I-SPY Quilt. Each hexagon is a different fabric. It is so special to me!!! I quilted by doing a curve outline on each hexagon. She cut and piece each one. She is so talented.


I hope this was okay for my first time blogging!!

I have started making and selling tote bags and folk art dolls again. I will post pictures soon. Also I hope to post pictures of my granddaugther's quilts.

Check out my daughter's blog: sewmuchtosew.blogspot.com. She will inspire you!!



4 comments:

Angelia said...

Do I get ANY of these purses????

halogrl said...

no you DON"T get ANY!!!

halogrl said...

just kidding

Mary said...

Okay, girls - no fighting over the purses!