Friday, August 7, 2009

New projects in the works!

Trying to get some new things done. I started spindle spinning some Hand Dyed Blue Faced Leicester Top roving that I bought at the Yarn Haven in Knoxville. It is so pretty. The color is Stained Glass. I am starting the second half then will ply it together for a double ply yarn. I am loving spindle spinning!!! It is so relaxing - now if I would just get something made with it when it is spun!!!


The next thing I am starting is a new rag rug! Using the floral fabric, I am hoping to turn out a really pretty rug. Paid a whole dollar for it at a yard sale!

Juanita Hofstrom, who lives in WI and has a weaving studio, has been giving me pointers. She has been so much help. She is a fabulous weaver and has taught weaving for many years, in great places like Arrowmont and John C Campbells. I wish I could go and take a class from her!!!
Her website is http://www.vauningstudio.com/ . She has also gave me some great hint on quick freezing veggies so I can get back to weaving. I met her on Rugtalk - which is a great group to join if you are interested in rug weaving.
Will post more on these projects later!


I gotta get a quilt finished for a friend, Kathy, before I play anymore! She does beautiful work. I love the colors in this one, she is great at designing a quilt!!!

No comments: