Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trying to get back in the swing of things!

This summer has been so busy - I just can't find the time for everything! The garden did okay until it got so dry but I have still had to can, freeze & dry constantly, thanks to friends passing on their extra stuff too. Then, of course, there was back surgery - that did not help much!

Here's my husband, Rhea, and my grandson, Brian, picking cherries. Brian made his first jam this year and was quite proud of it. He has helped me in the garden this year.



Britney has also been helping some, here she is helping me make jelly. She also helped with the salsa.



Because of an unexpected heart cath and the back surgery, even my husband had to learn how to can this year!!! He canned beans, blueberry and blackberry jam & jelly. He has help me with freezing corn, and also making apple butter. Gave him a chance to see how much work is involved in all this.



But I do love to see all the jars lined up on the shelves for winter!!

A Beautiful summer evening from my deck! I love looking at the mountains -= I just don't have enough time to do it!!!

No comments: