Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Antique Shop Find!!! Cotten Cards!

I love prowling around antique shops.  Going thru a little shop in Athens, I came across a set of cotton cards for $25 back in December.  I know new ones are around $60.  Of course, I looked, talked myself out of them and walked away.
After talking to some on Ravelry, I realized that I could do more with them than cotton.  Went back and they were still there and now they have a home in my weaving room and they look good!

Of course, I had to try them out.  Phyllis at R&M Yarns gave Brit a cotton flower straight from the plant.  She got the seeds out (gonna try to grow some this year).  We cleaned it the best we could and I got the cards. 
Not sure how to do it but I did get it fluffy and I am able to spin it on a spindle that I had made from a really neat bead. 

All that fluffy cotton came from one flower (can't remember what they are called).

No comments: