Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spindle spinning!!!!!


I have finally got the hang of spindle spinning!!!! I know I still have to improve but I feel I am on my way.

Thanks to a Sit 'N' Spin at the Yarn Haven in Knoxville TN, after a couple of years of spinning what I call novelty yarn (because it is rather bumpy and weird), a very nice lady at the group showed me what to do!! I am sorry name slips me but I will get it at the next meeting!!!
Anyone that is interested in spinning should go to this meeting!!!! It is on the 2nd Saturday of each month and it is free. Time is 2 p.m., to 4 p.m.

Several are using spinning wheels (this is on my list of wants!) and I have noticed they are very happy to help the newbies!

The shop is nice and has lots of ideas, yarns and classes. It is off the Cedar Bluff exit. I bought some beautiful roving at the shop to spin and it is doing great.
My goal is to get be able to give my spun yarn as a present to a wonderful daughter, so she create a crochet heirloom!
My novelty yarn is going to get woven on a loom then felted so no one can see how bad it is!

No comments: